- The software application made available by us for use on or through smartphones or devices (the “App”);
- Our subscription artificial intelligence monitoring services, including services that can be accessed using the App (the “AI Monitoring Services”);
- Camereye and third-party hardware products for use in conjunction with the Websites, App or AI Monitoring Services (the “Equipment”);
- Offline business interactions you have with us.
Collectively, we refer to the Websites, Apps, AI Monitoring Services, Equipment, emails, and offline business interactions as the “Services.”
In a nutshell, our Services involve the following: The Equipment captures and records video of our users’ swimming pools and live-streams the video to the App. Using our artificial intelligence algorithms, our AI Monitoring Services monitor, and provide alerts to our users of, human alerts and unusual activity. Via the App, our users receive alerts and can view the recordings and live video stream.
Our Services are primarily intended for purely personal or household use. However, data protection and privacy laws in your country may impose certain responsibilities on you and your use of the Services. You (not Camereye) are responsible for ensuring that you comply with any applicable laws when you use the Services. For example, you may need to display a notice that alerts visitors to your home that you are using Camereye’s AI Monitoring Services and Equipment and/or obtain their explicit consent depending on the purpose and the means of your processing activities. Note in particular that recording and sharing clips that involve other people, public spaces and/or scans of peoples’ faces may affect individuals’ privacy and data protection rights.
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual. The Services collect Personal Information, including:
- Postal address (including billing and shipping addresses)
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Setup information you provide
- Camera, video and audio data
- CamerEye enables our users to determine the purpose and the means for which users collect video and audio signals data. When users enable the recording or streaming features of their CamerEye, we may record and process video and/or audio recordings from the device, subject to our users’ instruction, configuration and settings. This may include capturing and emailing to users portions of this data as part of a notification or analyzing the data to identify detection or other events. If our users instruct us by setting up their camera and choosing to receive mobile notifications, we may process information from their CamerEye to send users alerts when something is detected. In addition, if users have the recording features enabled, we will capture, process and retain video and audio data recordings from users’ device for the duration of your recording subscription period (for example, 5, 10 or 30 days), and users will be able to access those recordings using the Services during that time.
- Feedback that our users elect to provide to us in response to a prompt relating to the functioning of the AI Monitoring Services
- IP address (we may also derive your approximate location from your IP address)
- Payment card data
- Contact information of CamerEye authorized resellers.
Collection of Personal Information
We and our service providers collect Personal Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through the Services.
We collect Personal Information through the Services, for example, when you sign up for a newsletter, register an account to access the Services, contact customer service, or make a purchase.
- From Other Sources.
We may receive your Personal Information from other sources, for example:
- publicly available databases;
- joint marketing partners, when they share the information with us.
We need to collect Personal Information in order to provide the requested Services to you. If you do not provide the information requested, we may not be able to provide the Services.
Use of Personal Information
We and our service providers use Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Providing the functionality of the Services and fulfilling your requests.
- To provide the Services’ functionality to you, such as arranging access to your registered account, and providing you with related benefits, special promotions, or customer service.
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, when you contact us via one of our online contact forms or otherwise, for example, when you send us questions, suggestions, compliments or complaints, or when you request a quote for or other information about our Services.
- To complete your transactions, verify your information, and provide you with related benefits, special promotions, or customer service.
- To send administrative information to you, such as changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- Providing you with our newsletter and/or other marketing materials and facilitating social sharing.
- To send you marketing related emails, with information about our services, new products and other news about our company.
- Analyzing Personal Information for business reporting and providing personalized services.
- To analyze or predict our users’ preferences in order to prepare aggregated trend reports on how our digital content is used, so we can improve our Services.
- To better understand your interests and preferences, so that we can personalize our interactions with you and provide you with information and/or offers tailored to your interests.
- To better understand your preferences so that we can deliver content via our Services that we believe will be relevant and interesting to you.
- Aggregating and/or anonymizing Personal Information.
- We may aggregate and/or anonymize Personal Information so that it will no longer be considered Personal Information. We do so to generate other data for our use, which we may use and disclose for any purpose, as it no longer identifies you or any other individual.
- Accomplishing our business purposes.
- For data analysis, for example, to improve the functionality and efficiency of our Services;
- For audits, to verify that our internal processes function as intended and to address legal, regulatory, or contractual requirements;
- For fraud prevention and fraud security monitoring purposes, for example, to detect and prevent cyberattacks or attempts to commit identity theft;
- For developing new products and services;
- For enhancing, improving, repairing, maintaining, or modifying our current products and services, as well as undertaking quality and safety assurance measures;
- For identifying usage trends, for example, understanding which parts of our Services are of most interest to users;
- For determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, so that we can adapt our campaigns to the needs and interests of our users; and
- For operating and expanding our business activities, for example, understanding which parts of our Services are of most interest to our users so we can focus our energies on meeting our users’ interests.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Personal Information of individuals whose activity is recorded by the AI Monitoring Services and Equipment is available to owners and authorized users of the AI Monitoring Services and Equipment.
We disclose Personal Information:
- To our third party service providers, to facilitate services they provide to us.
- These can include providers of services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, return authorization, fraud prevention, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service or related benefits (including special promotions), email delivery, auditing, and other services.
Other Uses and Disclosures
We also use and disclose your Personal Information as necessary or appropriate, in particular when we have a legal obligation or legitimate interest to do so:
- To comply with applicable law and regulations.
- To cooperate with public and government authorities.
- To respond to a request or to provide information we believe is necessary or appropriate.
- To cooperate with law enforcement.
- For example, when we respond to law enforcement requests and orders or provide information we believe is important.
- For other legal reasons.
- To enforce our terms and conditions; and
- To protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others.
- In connection with a sale or business transaction.
- We have a legitimate interest in disclosing or transferring your Personal Information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an identifiable individual. The Services collect Other Information such as:
- Technical data from the Equipment and the AI Monitoring Services
- Browser and device information
- App usage data
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies
- Demographic information and other information provided by you that does not reveal your specific identity
- Information that has been aggregated in a manner such that it no longer reveals your specific identity
Collection of Other Information
We and our service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Your browser or device.
- Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Mac), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version and the name and version of the Services (such as the App) you are using. We use this information to ensure that the Services function properly.
- Your use of the App.
- When you download and use the App, we and our service providers may track and collect App usage data, such as the date and time the App on your device accesses our servers and what information and files have been downloaded to the App based on your device number.
- Pixel tags and other similar technologies.
- Pixel tags. Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Services (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns, and compile statistics about usage of the Services and response rates.
- Adobe Flash technology (including Flash Local Shared Objects (“Flash LSOs”)) and other similar technologies.
- We may use Flash LSOs and other technologies to, among other things, collect and store information about your use of the Services. If you do not want Flash LSOs stored on your computer, you can adjust the settings of your Flash player to block Flash LSO storage using the tools contained in the Website Storage Settings Panel. You can also go to the Global Storage Settings Panel and follow the instructions (which may explain, for example, how to delete existing Flash LSOs (referred to as “information”), how to prevent Flash LSOs from being placed on your computer without your being asked, and how to block Flash LSOs that are not being delivered by the operator of the page you are on at the time). Please note that setting the Flash Player to restrict or limit acceptance of Flash LSOs may reduce or impede the functionality of some Flash applications.
- Physical Location.
- We may collect the physical location of your device by, for example, using satellite, cell phone tower or WiFi signals. We may use your device’s physical location to provide you with personalized location-based services and content. We may also share your device’s physical location, combined with information about what advertisements you viewed and other information we collect, with our marketing partners to enable them to provide you with more personalized content and to study the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. In some instances, you may be permitted to allow or deny such uses and/or sharing of your device’s location, but if you do, we and/or our marketing partners may not be able to provide you with the applicable personalized services and content.
Uses and Disclosures of Other Information
We may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, we may use and disclose it for the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information as detailed in this Policy. In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information. If we do, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
Choices and Access
Your choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information
We give you choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information for marketing purposes. You may opt out from:
- Receiving emails from us. If you no longer want to receive emails from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt out by clicking the email footer link to unsubscribe.
We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt out of receiving marketing related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, from which you cannot opt out.
Third Party Services
In addition, we are not responsible for the information collection, use, disclosure, or security policies or practices of other organizations, such as Facebook, Apple, Google, Microsoft, or any other app developer, app provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider, or device manufacturer, including with respect to any Personal Information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with the Apps.
Third Party Advertising
We use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements regarding goods and services that may be of interest to you when you access and use the Services and other websites or online services.
Use of Services by Minors
The Services are not directed to individuals under the age of sixteen (16), and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from individuals under 16.
Jurisdiction and Cross-border Transfer
Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and by using the Services you understand that your information will be transferred to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country.
Third Party Payment Service